Essential oils are concentrated liquids derived from plants, trees and flowers. They can have many health benefits if they are grown, harvested and distilled correctly. There are three main ways to use essential oils. You can use them topically, aromatically and internally. To use essential oils topically, massage a few drops of the oil with another oil, such as coconut or grape seed oil, onto desired parts of your body. To use the essential oils aromatically, you can inhale directly from the bottle or diffuse them in a diffuser. To use the essential oils internally, you can add one to two drops of oil to a glass of water, milk or tea, or add them to your dessert or snack recipes.
Here are some popular essential oils and the health benefits that you can acquire by using these oils:
1. Lemon oil can alleviate symptoms of bloating, lethargy, energy loss, anxiety, brittle hair and nails, household dirt, infections, mouth sores, cough and insect bites.
2. Peppermint oil can alleviate symptoms of colds, fevers, headaches, lethargy, sunburn, constipation, congestion, indigestion, stress, soreness, odors and gas.
3. Lavender oil can alleviate symptoms of stress, scrapes, pains, sleep issues, cuts, sunburn, burns, headaches, dry skin, bacteria, cramps and fevers.
4. Frankincense can alleviate symptoms of acne, heightened emotion, swelling, stretch marks, wrinkles, sunspots, warts and stress.
5. Tea tree oil can alleviate symptoms of acne prone skin, bug bites, itchy skin, lice prevention, mold, pet fleas and toenail fungus.
6. Oregano oil can alleviate symptoms of digestive issues, infections, moles, stomach virus, inflammation, sore joints, aging, parasites and fungus.
7. Lemongrass can alleviate symptoms of swollen joints, fungus, circulation issues, varicose veins, digestion, house cleaning, bacteria, fluid retention and urinary tract infections.